Police speak to Prince Philip about 'not wearing seatbelt' days after crash

Prince Philip car accident

The scene of the accident

One of the women who was injured in the crash has complained to the British press that she has not been contacted by Philip or the queen since the accident occurred.

Meanwhile, one of the female passengers injured in the accident, Emma Fairweather, told the Sunday Mirror that she was unhappy with the royal palace's response to the incident.

Prince Philip has been spoken to by the police for not wearing a seatbelt, after he was involved in a vehicle accident recently.

The friend said: 'That is when she made her decision not to keep quiet any more.

She was joined by son Prince Andrew for the service earlier today, but the Duke of Edinburgh was nowhere to be seen. However, she insisted that it should have been His Royal Highness reaching out instead of Her Majesty as he was the one involved in the auto collision.

There are reports police have since spoken to the Duke after he was spotted driving without a seat belt, just two days after the crash.

The child wasn't hurt and his mother, who was driving, and her friend were treated for minor injuries.

"It would mean the world to me if Prince Philip said sorry but I have no idea if he's sorry at all", she added.

Buckingham Palace is yet to comment on the images of Philip driving on Saturday.

"Prince Philip apparently said to a witness that it was the sun that dazzled him but I can't see how that could be true when it was overcast". A royal source said Thursday the prince has a license and follows all procedures required to keep it up to date.

Among those gathered outside to cheer Her Majesty's arrival was Jude Bell, five, who had brought his parents Gary and Sophie and baby brother in the hope of seeing the Queen.

She added: "Contact has been made privately with the occupants in the other auto and well-wishes exchanged".

The Kia driver, who is married and lives locally but has not been named, suffered cuts to her knee. "Maybe he should prioritise that over test-driving his new auto".

Her 75-year-old husband Roy helped the stricken duke out of his vehicle, and he told The Sun Philip was overheard telling police he had been "dazzled by the sun".

Police confirmed they had carried out an eyesight test on Philip on Saturday morning, which he had passed.

But it is believed that her chauffeur avoided using the junction at Babingley where the accident happened.

A Norfolk Constabulary spokeswoman said the force was aware of the photographs taken on Saturday showing the driver not wearing a seatbelt and said that "suitable words of advice have been given to the driver".

Latest News