Florida man says Apple AirPods blew up while he was working out

Apple investigating claim that Air Pods started smoking & burst open

Apple is investigating why one AirPod caught on fire in Florida

He promptly took both AirPods out and set them on a bit of rec center hardware while he looked for help, however when he restored, the AirPod being referred to was roasted and broken separated.

When he came back, he found that the right ear bud had exploded, with the case showing signs of charring and the internal components laid bare.

Jason Colon was exercising at LA Fitness in Tampa, Florida, when he noticed smoke coming out of his headphones.

Colon believes that the battery could be the cause of the problem.

Luckily, the owner sensed the smoked and removed the AirPods in time. "I don't know what would've happened to my ear, but I'm sure since it hangs down, it could've been [my] earlobe". The main claims that he saw smokes around and soon the AirPod got exploded.

There have been no other reported incidents of AirPods exploding.

'I didn't see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried! "You can see flame damage", Colon told the station.

"It's the craziest thing I ever went through", said AirPods owner Jason Colon. An Apple spokesman told WFLA that it was investigating the incident and would reach out to Colon.

Apple's AirPods are a one of a kind device, featuring advanced technology that no other company is now offering.

They're not ideal, but for a first generation product, they're pretty good.

In 2016, South Korean manufacturer Samsung's flagship Galaxy Note 7 was hit by a spate of exploding batteries. When he returned, he was shocked to find the right headphone had shattered, he said.

Latest News