This could be seen as a risky move given the December 22 release date but maybe not as risky as keeping Kevin Spacey employed in the part.
But rather than push the film to 2018, Deadline reports that Sony is cutting Spacey out of the movie, reshooting his scenes with Oscar victor Christopher Plummer, and keeping the film's December release date.
The film was scheduled for a closing-night screening at the AFI film festival, but was pulled by Scott at the last minute after allegations of sexual assault by Spacey were reported in the media. In fact, Christopher Plummer - Scott's original choice for Spacey's role - has been recruited.
According to Deadline, the cast and crew of the film agreed in a "unified front" that they should reshoot all of Spacey's scenes. Regarding that decision, TriStar issued a statement, noting, "All the Money in the World is a superb film".
The trailer for "All The Money in the World", which tells the story of the kidnapping of Getty's 16-year-old grandson in Italy in 1973, shows Spacey as the fearsome patriarch who infamously refused to pay a ransom to secure the boy's release. Unruh held a press conference, explaining her son was 18 years old when Spacey allegedly his genitals.
Spacey's former publicist said last week that the actor was "taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment".
Actor Anthony Rapp and Harry Dreyfuss (the son of Richard Dreyfuss) have also said the actor assaulted them, and London police said they were investigating a 2008 sexual assault reportedly linked to Spacey.
The House of Cards star has yet to reply to the claim.
A MA woman on Wednesday accused Spacey of sexually assaulting her 18-year-old son on the holiday island of Nantucket last year and said police had opened a criminal investigation.
"But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years".