South Africa vs Bangladesh, 2nd T20

AB de Villiers South Africa

AB de Villiers of South Africa bats during the first T20I between South Africa & Bangladesh

Calcutta/Potchefstroom: David Miller smashed the fastest century in T20I cricket as South Africa outclassed Bangladesh by 83 runs in the second and final game to secure the series, at Senwes Park in Potchefstroom, on Sunday. "It was scratchy at the start of my innings, towards the end it was sweet", Miller said in a mid-innings interview.

The previous fastest T20 worldwide century was made off 45 balls by fellow South African Richard Levi against New Zealand in Hamilton in 2011/12.

Instead Miller rose from his back having scrambled to make his ground and swatted Mahmudullah's next ball over long-off for six.

"I told Saifuddin after my innings that maybe he got unlucky, he tried well and we could have a drink after the match", Miller said. The top scorer was David Miller who hit 101 not out off 36 balls.

Miller's 35-ball hundred propelled South Africa to 224 for four before Bangladesh were bowled out for 141, completing a clean-sweep for South Africa in two Tests, three one-day internationals and two T20 internationals. "Once I hit one or two, I made a decision to keep going", he said.

The 28-year-old just had a solitary fifty in 56 T20Is before this match but brought up his third T20 century in stunning fashion as he carted the penultimate over of the innings for 31 runs, including five successive sixes off the first five balls of the over.

Killer-Miller walked in when South Africa were 78/3 in the 10th over, right after a set AB de Villiers departed for a 15-ball 20.

Bangladesh threatened to make full use of ideal batting conditions as they started with goal and were averaging more than 10 runs an over before wickets began to tumble and their run rate was pulled back.

Miller was only the fourth South African to hit a century in 100 T20 internationals.

Latest News