Medical examiners have identified the remains of a man who died at the World Trade Center on 9/11 - 16 years after the terror attacks took place.
The name of the man most as of late recognized was withheld at his family's demand, the New York City restorative inspector's office said.
It is the first identification made since March 2015.
The medical examiner's office has been retesting human remains recovered during the original recovery at ground zero, collected before May 2002. The medical examiner was previously limited by technology in its ability to test the samples. The city says it is still working to identify the other 1,112 victims.
This effort has not been simple as very few full bodies were recovered following the disaster.
The remains of 1,641 victims have been identified so far - 40% are still unidentified.
After some time, the therapeutic analyst's office came to utilize a procedure that includes beating the sections to remove DNA, at that point contrasting it with the workplace's gathering of hereditary material from casualties or their relatives.
In some cases, scientists have re-examined the same bone fragment 10 or more times - hopeful that advancements in technology will provide answers.
In total, the four coordinated September 11 terror attacks killed 2,996 people in NY, at the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, and left thousands more injured.