Manila police say the lone suspect who carried out Friday's attack on a casino at a resort complex, that left dozens dead, was a heavily indebted 42-year-old Filipino who was hooked on gambling, according to his family.
Police identified Carlos as the man seen in security videos of the attack, setting fires in the casino's gaming rooms and stealing more than $2 million worth of gambling chips.
But Albayalde and other police chiefs said repeatedly throughout Friday that recorded security footage showed the gunman drove to the casino and parked his vehicle in the complex's auto park.
Albayalde said the security footage also indicated a clear motive. "We will not allow people or any threat group to use this situation to advance their propaganda or personal causes whether foreign or local", he added. But at this time the Philippines government has concluded the identified Resorts World Manila gunman was a lone wolf attack by Jessie Javier Carlos and he was motivated by robbery, not terrorism.
"We can't accept that my son became like this, he was a very kind son", she said.
The video footage bolstered the government's case that the attack was a botched robbery attempt by one man with no known link to terrorism, and police said that's exactly why they wanted to release it.
The footage showed Carlos firing shots from an assault rifle and setting fire to gambling tables in Resorts World casino early on Friday after which at least 36 people dead.
ISIS had claimed responsibility for the attack Friday, but officials have repeatedly denied it was terror-related.
Thirty-seven people died of suffocation due to the thick smoke from the fire that the suspect started. He ran into a hotel room on the fifth floor, set fire to the room and shot himself, the police said. "The work of the ISIS is more cruel and brutal".
The gunman asked him just one thing - to change the radio channel to the news instead of music, Mr Albayalde said.
Jamela Alindogan, reporting from Manila, said the parents of Jesse Carlos made an appearance during a news conference on Sunday.
President Rodrigo Duterte had earlier warned that ISIS was gaining a greater foothold in the Philippines.
At Sunday's press conference, Carlos's tearful mother said he had been a good man who committed the violence because of his gambling addiction.
Carlos was described by the casino management as a high roller who likes to place a minimum bet of P40,000.
PCCI Presaident George T. Barcelon said that, while he supports the increased visibility of the police following the incident, it does not warrant the extension of martial law to Luzon or Metro Manila.