Facebook policies questioned after Cleveland slaying video

Manhunt for Facebook Killing Suspect Ends When He Fatally Shoots Himself: Police

The Latest: Man sought in Cleveland Facebook killing is dead

A short time later, Stephens killed himself following a brief police pursuit.

State police major William Teper said the trooper who rammed Stephens' vehicle "saw him pull the gun out and shoot himself". As he left, police arrived and a chase ensued.

Police say Stephens recorded the seemingly random crime on his cellphone and later uploaded the video to Facebook, where it garnered nationwide attention.

An expanded version of this report appears on WSJ.com.

A nationwide manhunt in the US came to an end Tuesday when a man accused of posting a murder video on Facebook shot himself after a short police chase, authorities said.

H-1B visa applications drop for first time in years.

Those who called all told dispatchers that the man they saw on the ground appeared to have been shot in the head.

"He got to the second window of the drive-thru", said the owner, Thomas DuCharme, Jr.

Godwin-Baines expressed empathy not just for Lane, but for Stephens' mother, too, when she spoke with Cooper.

Stephens' motives aren't entirely clear, but in video of the shooting, he told Godwin to say a woman's name: Joy Lane. They said they know Lane did nothing wrong.

Godwin's sister said she feels, "Angry sometimes", over Robert's death and that she was hoping Stephens would be brought to justice. "We would prefer that it had not ended this way, because there are a lot of questions" about why Stephens did what he did, according to Williams.

Godwin's family reached out to WJW saying they wanted to reassure Lane, and the station set up a meeting Tuesday morning.

Law enforcement officials had said on Monday that Stephens' cellphone was last tracked Sunday afternoon near Erie.

Facebook drew criticism for not removing the gruesome video until two hours after Stephens posted it.

Stephens said in one Facebook video that "I killed 13, so I'm working on 14 as we speak".

When Steve Stephens, who is accused of killing a man then posting the video to Facebook, stopped for some nuggets, astute employees contacted police and attempted to delay his departure.

Latest News